Hisense TVs can be described as one of the most reliable electronics you can find on the market, however, they’re not without problems.
Having the red light blinking endlessly is not a common problem with Hisense TVs, however, this problem could come up, especially if you’re using an older model.
When it comes to fixing the red blinking light on your Hisense TV, restarting your Hisense TV, restarting the TV, or updating the firmware could handle the issues.
Below, we’ve shared all the fixes for the “Hisense TV red blinking light” issue.
Why is Your Hisense TV Red Light Blinking?
Your Hisense TV’s red light blinking could be due to one of the following reasons.
Bad Power Supply
Bad power supply due to power surges can be problematic for your TV. Having TV guard or surge protector attached to your Hisense TV before plugging it into the power source could prevent such problems. Electric shocks from a lightning storm could also pose a problem if it travels into your wiring system.
Your external devices connected to your Hisense TV could be the cause of the red light blinking issues. You might want to check if you have connected your game console or any other device via an HDMI input.
In some cases, shutting down these devices directly without changing the HDMI input sources could cause the red blinking light problem.
This is one of the most common reasons for Hisense TV red light blinking. The problem could be that you failed to plug the source properly into the system. This could cause the Hisense TV red light issue.
Hisense TV Red Blinking: DIY Fixes
To fix the red blinking light on your Hisense TV, you should try any of the solutions below
Restart Your Hisense TV
One of the most common reasons for Hisense TV red blinking light could be due to software glitches or errors that can be fixed by a quick reboot.
To reboot your Hisense TV, follow the steps below.
- Press the Power button until the TV turns off (The red light should turn off when you do this).
- After that, unplug the smart TV from the power outlet for about 60 seconds.
- Plug the TV back in.
- This should fix the red blinking light, however, if the reboot doesn’t fix the red blinking light, you should try the other fixes in this guide.
Check the Outlet and Surge Protector
If the red blinking light on your Hisense TV is due to a power surge or an electrical issue, you will need to confirm this by inspecting the surge protector and the wallet outlet. To do that, follow the steps below.
- Plug your Hisense TV into a different power outlet.
- Check if the TV turns on. If it does, then you will need to get either a new surge protector or fix the outlet.
- You might also want to try using the surge protector with a different power outlet. However, if the surge protector and power outlet are in good working condition, you should try another fix to see if it solves the problem.
Check for Shorted TV Components
To check for shorted TV components, you will need to get a voltmeter.
- Using the voltmeter, check whether electricity is flowing into your TV. If there is electricity, then you need to find out where the flow stops
- If your voltmeter indicates power flow through the outlet but not through the power cord, it could mean that power cords are faulty and need to be replaced. You should also use the voltmeter to test your LED backlights and capacitors, as well.
- If your voltmeter does not indicate power flow through the capacitors, you can replace the capacitors with just a solder.
- If the voltmeter does not indicate power flow through the LED backlights, you can remove the back panel, boards, speakers, and screen to access the LED strips.
Check for Source Problems
If you have any external device connected to your Hisense TV, it could be the cause of the problem. Check these sources for problems using the steps below.
- Check and confirm that the source is turned on.
- If its an HDMI glitch, you will need to disconnect the HDMI cord to get things working again.
- Turn off Anynet+in Settings.
- If it doesn’t work, then you need to reboot the TV.
Soft Reset Your Hisense TV
To soft reset your Hisense TV, you need to;
- Remove all the connected devices.
- Unplug the TV from the power outlet.
- Hold the TVs power button for about 30 seconds to drain any electrical power from the TV.
- Wait for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- After that, power on the TV and see whether the issue has been fixed.
Update the Firmware
Outdated firmware could be problematic for your TV, you need to check if your TV is up to date and update it to fix the problem
To update your TV;
- Go to your Hisense TVs Settings menu.
- Move to Support or About Then Choose System Update.
- Select Check Firmware Upgrade.
- Click on Upgrade
Factory resetting your TV is the final step to take. This would remove all configuration and software errors. The exact steps to factory reset your TV would depend on your Hisense TV model and year of manufacture. You need to check through the manual for the exact steps
Below are the general steps for Hisense TVs:
If you’re using 2013-and-older models of Hisense TVs, do this;
- Using your TV remote, press the EXIT key.
- Wait for about 15 seconds for the Hisense TV factory service to appear.
- Click OK.
- Turn off the TV.
If you have 2014 and later models, follow these steps:
- On the TV remote, press Menu.
- Select Support and then click on Enter (This could be OK or Select in some models).
- Go to Self Diagnosis and press Enter.
- Select Reset, which is the last option.
- Confirm your request by entering your TVs PIN (The default PIN is 0000).
If none of the solutions we’ve provided help to fix your Hisense TV red blinking light, you can contact Hisense customer support.