Having the red light on Insignia TV red light blinking and looking for a working solution? Well, you’re on the right page. A blinking red light issue usually indicates that there is a problem with the TV.
In this guide, we will take a look at the most common issues that could lead to Insignia TV red blinking light and the fixes that you can apply to get it working again.
Why Is My Insignia TV Blinking Red Light?
In most cases, a TV blinking red light usually signifies that you’re having power failures in your TV or there are some connections that are not properly put in place.
If you noticed the red blinking light issues after a power surge or a blackout, this could be the reason.
Insignia TV Red Light Blinking: Common Causes
- Power Surges
- Connectivity Issues
- Software Glitches
Insignia TV Red Light Blinking: Fixes
1. Reset Your Insignia TV
One of the easiest ways to solve an Insignia TV light blinking red issue is to perform a hard reset on your TV. Rebooting the system would easily solve the problem if the issue was caused by a minor glitch.
To perform a hard reset on your Insignia TV, you can follow the steps below:
- Turn off your Insignia TV using the remote
- Unplug the power cable from the Power outlet
- Wait for about 3-5 minutes
- Plug the power cable back in
- When done, this should turn clear any issues with the Insignia TV.
Note: To prevent power surges or electric problems with your TV, you should always use a surge protector with your TV.
2. Check the Cable Connections and Devices
Another reason for Insignia TV’s red light blinking could be faulty cable connections. If the power supply cable is not connected properly, you will notice the red light blinking or the TV won’t start at all.
- You should check all connections to your TV including your HDMI cables and other external inputs.
- If you have your media devices, consoles, speakers, and other devices connected, you should check them as well.
- If there is something wrong with the device itself or maybe the HDMI cable, you will notice red light blinking.
- To verify the connections, all you need to do is disconnect the inputs and then reconnect them again. If this doesn’t work, you might have a faulty HDMI cable.
- Check for faults in the HDMI cable or port or you can try running your TV without connecting anything to see if it works.
3. Fix Connectivity Issues
In some cases, the Insignia Roku TV’s red light could be blinking due to a lack of internet connectivity. This could happen when you try to enter an app on your Insignia TV that requires a stable internet connection, you will notice that you won’t be able to access the app.
The light will start blinking in red to indicate there is a problem. If that is the case, then you can use the steps below to solve the problem.
4. Reset Your Router
One of the first things to do to improve the connectivity with your TV is to perform a clean restart on your router.
To do this,
- Unplug the unit’s power cable
- When done, you need to wait at least for 5 minutes.
- After that, plug it back in and wait for the bootup.
Restarting your router should fix common issues that could interfere with the connection and resolve your Insignia Roku TV’s red light blinking.
If this doesn’t work, you can try the next fix.
5. Relocate Your Router
The distance between your TV and the router unit s another reason that could damage the connectivity. For example, if your connection is 2.4 GHz, you won’t have any trouble for the signal traveling through walls and other obstructions. However, networks of 5 GHz can hardly pass through more than one wall or obstruction.
It’s better to position your router in a way that there is no obstruction or interference to give you the best experience. This should eliminate these possible connectivity issues.
6. Use Wired Connection
Using a wired connection is a way better option as you won’t have to deal with the issues like location.
To use a wired connection, you will need to get an Ethernet cable. This will give you better network access than with using WiFi. This method also helps if you’re having issues with your router, modem, or wireless connection.
7. Diagnostic Evaluation
This method could help if other steps fail. Follow the steps below
- Unplug the cord from your TV
- Wait for at least 60 minutes (you could take more time if necessary)
- Press and hold the power button on the side panel
- When doing this, plug your TV back in the outlet without using surge protectors or surge strips
- Ensure you’re still holding both buttons for another 60 seconds
If this method doesn’t get the TV working again, then you might be dealing with a motherboard or IR sensor problem. If that is the case then you would need to get a technician to take a look at the TV and fix the problem.
Insignia TV Red Light Blinking Issue Still There…
If you’re still having this problem, you might want to check if your warranty is still intact. You can reach out via Insignia customer support to see if the manufacturers can fix the problem.
To actually get warranty coverage, you should avoid disassembling the TV on your own. Keep in mind that if the problem is due to hardware that you accidentally damaged on your own, this would void your warranty so you would have to think of getting a technician as that is your only hope of ever fixing the TV.
Using the steps above, your Insignia TV should start working as good as new. In most cases, the Insignia TV blinking red problem is not something that could cause serious damage to your TV and a few tweaks would get your TV working again.
However, if none of these troubleshooting methods get your TV working again, then you would have to reach out to a technician.