If the V button on your Vizio remote isn’t working or you can’t seem to locate the button, you might not be able to install apps on your TV as well as perform other TV functions relating to apps.
No V Button on Vizio TV Remote: 4 Workaround Options
However, if you’re looking for a quick solution to install apps on your TV without the V button, the steps in this guide would show you several ways to try.
Method 1: Install Apps using the Vizio Internet Apps (Plus) platform
To use this method, make sure your Vizio TV is connected to the Internet.
- On your TV remote, press the ‘Home’ button twice. (The home button has the letter V on it but in your case it might have the Home icon.)
- When done, you will now see a screen that will display the apps that have been installed on your TV. You will find tabs in the menu such as My Apps, Featured, Latest, All Apps, and Categories.
- You need to browse through the Featured, Latest, App Apps, and Categories tabs to find the App that you wish to install on your TV. You can also use the search feature to find the app you want.
- When you’ve found the app that you want to install, select it and hold the OK button on your TV remote till the new app shows up in the My Apps tab.
- With that done, you’ve successfully installed apps on Vizio TVs with or without V button using the Vizio Internet Apps Store.
Method 2: Use Apps on Vizio TVs using Screencast
Even if you can use the V button on the Vizio remote, there is a limited number of apps you can access on the TV. This means you might not find some particular apps you would wish to access. Fortunately, there are other ways to use the apps on your TV. The simplest way to use these apps is by using Screencast.
This option is best since most of the Vizio TVs have the Screencast option. All you need to do is to cast an app from your mobile screen to your TV. Below are the steps on how to screencast onto a Vizio TV.
To do this, ensure that your Vizio TV and your mobile device are on the same Wi-Fi network. This is an important step so that your mobile device will be able to easily detect your TV’s wireless display.
Open up the app that you would like to cast on your mobile. For example, if it’s the Netflix app, open it and tap on the Connect to device icon.
The app will search for wireless displays on the same network. When your TV shows up, select it and you can now screencast to your Vizio TV.
Screencasting from a Laptop to Vizio TV
If you’re using a Windows 10 laptop, you can actually screencast its display onto the TV.
Follow the steps below to do this.
- Just like using a mobile device, your laptop or computer should also be connected to the same WiFi as your Vizio TV.
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your laptop and go to the three-dot menu towards the upper right of the browser. If you’re using another browser, ensure that the browser has the same features as Google Chrome.
- Select the Cast option from the Menu. The browser will now look for your wireless display. When done, you can choose to either share your web browser’s screen or the whole system. You will also be able to hear audio from your TV.
- As for the mobile cast, your laptop and your Vizio TV should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Screensharing on Vizio TVs using iPhones/iPads
In Vizio Smart TV models, you will find the Airplay 2 feature, Apple’s version of screen mirroring. Screen casting via iPhone is just as easy though it follows a different pathway. To screencast on an iPhone to use apps on Vizio TVs.
- Open up the streaming app on your iPhone or iPad and look for the Apple Airplay icon.
- When you tap on the icon, your device will start looking for your wireless TV. Ensure that both your devices are on the same network.
- You will now be able to stream content right away from your device to the TV. In the same way, you can also stream your music and even share your photos on the big screen.
Method 3: Using Chromecast or Roku streaming players
You can also use a streaming player that can be attached to your TV for Streaming through Chromecast or Roku player. When using this option, ensure that both devices are connected to the same wireless network.
Aside from that, you should also use the Vizio SmartCast App on Android and iOS to check which Apps are installed on the TV. Using the app to directly play content onto the TV could help.
However, this is not applicable to all Vizio TV models. In this case, you might want to try another method.
Method 4: Install Apps on Older Vizio Smart TV models (before 2017)
If you have an older Vizio TV model, say those launched in 2017, you can install apps, however, you cannot sideload them. To install apps on these types of TVs;
- Power up your Vizio Smart TV and check to confirm that it is connected to a working wifi network.
- Take the remote for your Vizio TV and press the Home Button once.
- The next step is to select Connected Store from the options.
- When you’re in the store, simply navigate and select All Apps.
- When there, you will be able to browse through various apps that are available to download.
- When you’ve found the app to install, simply select it and select the install button.
- The app will be downloaded and you will be able to access it right from the home screen of your Vizio TV.
With that, you should be able to access the Vizio Apps on your older model with complete ease.