Vizio soundbar input lights are designed to indicate the current state of the soundbar. This should tell when you have your audio plugged in and if the soundbar can actually transmit sound.
One of the biggest concerns with Vizio soundbar input lights is the flashing lights issue. Vizio soundbar flashing lights do indicate that there is a problem with the soundbar. In most cases, this is due to incorrect settings.
In this guide, we will look into the most common causes of Vizio soundbar flashing lights and explain them to help you solve the problem.
Vizio Soundbar Input Lights Flashing: Likely Causes
Your Vizio soundbar flashes to indicate a problem with the system. Below are the most common reasons why this happens.
- Error with the Bluetooth connection
- Audio input signal problems
- Faulty or corrupted settings
- The soundbar is in the store demo mode
Vizio Soundbar Lights Flashing: DIY Fixes
How do you fix the issue causing flashing lights on your Vizio soundbar? Below are some quick solutions you can use to fix the problems above:
1. Check the sound bar’s Bluetooth connection
An error in the Bluetooth connection is the most common reason why the soundbar will flash its lights to alert you. The error could be due to the device’s un-pairing or any other Bluetooth problem.
To fix this, press and hold the Bluetooth button for about five or more seconds. This will take the soundbar to pairing mode, and the lights will flash more intensely. However, once it connects to a device, the lights will stop blinking.
2. Remove any previously changed settings
Having incorrect settings is another common issue. You could be dealing with an issue of incorrect settings. This is most common if you have recently modified the settings in your system.
To fix this, try turning the soundbar off and then on again. This will reboot the system, which can fix some faulty settings. If this doesn’t work, you might have to change the settings manually.
Go to the last settings you made and revert them to the previous settings. If this method still doesn’t work, go through all the settings, check where there could be a problem, and fix it.
3. Reset the audio input settings
The indicator lights will illuminate to show which input source has been selected. An audio input error could be the reason for the flashing lights problem.
When this happens, the soundbar starts cycling through all the inputs, finding where the sound source is connected. This causes the input lights section to start flashing white lights.
To fix this, you will have to reset the input settings. To do this, simultaneously press the “Input” and the “Volume up” buttons, and hold them for five or more seconds. Then, release the controls to allow the reset process to complete, and the lights will stop blinking.
When done, select the proper audio source for the soundbar.
4. Exit the store demo mode
Demo mode is the mode used in stores to operate the system. During this mode, most functions are disabled Your soundbar flashing lights could be a sign that it is still in demo mode.
The fix for this is easy. Using your remote menu settings, you can exit the mode. If this doesn’t work, you can leave the mode using the hard buttons.
To do this, press and hold the Bluetooth and Input buttons simultaneously for five or more seconds. The LED lights should blink four times and then stop – if the lights only flash once, you will have to repeat the process.
5. Reset the soundbar
If the issue still persists, then you can try resetting the system.
The reset will remove all your settings and preferences which will return the soundbar to factory settings.
To factory reset your Vizio soundbar, simply press and hold the Volume down and Bluetooth buttons simultaneously. Perform this step for five seconds, then release them.
If the reset works, the LED lights should stop flashing. After that, restart the soundbar to complete the process.
Vizio Soundbar Troubleshooting Tips
Vizio Soundbar Won’t Turn On
If your sound bar won’t turn on, you can try a few things you can try to get it working again:
- Start by power cycling the Sound Bar. Unplug the power cord from the Sound Bar.
- Once unplugged, you should hold down the power button on the Sound Bar for 5 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cable, then try powering on your sound bar.
- Press the power button on the soundbar. When you press the button, you should look at the power indicator light. Does the power light turn on at all?
- If the power light is not lighting up at all, you would have to reseat the power cable in the back of the device and where it plugs into the wall.
- Reseating the cable shouldn’t pose a challenge. To do this, unplug the power cord from the device, and plug it back in. Ensure that it is securely and tightly connected to the device. Repeat the same process in the wall outlet..
- If the device still isn’t powering on, the next thing to do would be to plug another device into the outlet to make sure it’s getting power.
- If another device is getting power from the outlet, then the outlet is functioning properly your device might be faulty and in need of repairs.
Vizio Soundbar Audio Problems
If you’re experiencing other audio issues, try the steps below:
- Check and confirm that the source audio isn’t muted on the source device.
- If you’re connected via an optical cable, make sure the source device is outputting PCM audio.
- Ensure that the sound bar is set up to play audio from the correct input where the source audio is connected.
How to Reset a Vizio Soundbar Factory Settings
One of the easiest ways to solve most Vizio Soundbar problems is by using the hard reset or factory reset features. To do this;
- Turn off the Vizio soundbar.
- Disconnect the AC power for about ten seconds.
- Reconnect the power cable. All your customized settings on the soundbar will be cleared and the device will be restored to its factory settings.