LG washers are one of the most reliable home appliances to go for, but they’re not without faults. The LG washer code PF error code might happen once or twice throughout the lifespan of your washer, and in most cases, it doesn’t signify a problem. However, if the error code becomes consistent, you might want to take a look at your machine.
This guide will teach you how to fix the PF error code on your LG washer.
LG Washer Code PF: How Does It Happen?
The PF code means Power Failure. When the error code PF appears on the display it means there is a power drop while the washing machine is in operation. There are several reasons for this: a sharp shutdown and the inclusion of electricity, a one-time drop.
If the PF error appeared only once, there is no need for concern, however, if it occurs constantly, you will have to check the electrical system of the washing machine. This includes the power cord, plug, wiring, board, and adapter through which the washer is connected. Before you perform any fixes it is important to understand the causes of PF error code in your LG Washer.
What Causes the LG Washer Code PF?
Aside from the obvious power outage issue which is the most likely cause of the power failure error in your LG washer, there are other possible factors that could be the culprit.
A sudden power outage could cause the PF error to show up. This happens when the LG washer suddenly losses power while it is in operation. This is the most common cause of the PF error code in LG washers. It is also the easiest to fix.
Control Unit Panel Failure
A more critical cause of the PF code appearance could be due to a defective part of the LG washer such as the Control Unit.
Faulty Heater Element
Another serious cause of the LG Washer PF error code is due to the heater failure. The PF error code could mean that the heating element is faulty. The heating element problem could be caused by an automatic box blowing out.
When this happens, you will find the PF error code on a display. This means that the heating element has malfunctioned. The heating element closure on the washer could also cause a switch blows out in the switchboard.
LG Washer Code PF: How to Fix It
Fixing an LG washer PF cod error could require a bit of skill. You will have to get into several parts of the washer and replace several components. Using the guide below, you shouldn’t have a problem doing this. Simply follow the hacks as they’re provided.
Reset the Washer
If the PF error was caused by a power outage, you only need to reset the LG washer to clear the PF error code.
To reset the washer,
- Simply unplug the power cord and leave it disconnected from the power source for about 10-15 minutes.
- Ensure that the washer is connected to a separate power supply line and that has its own stabilizer.
Troubleshoot the Washer
If resetting the washing machine doesn’t work, then you might want to try troubleshooting it.
- Check the power cord and the plug of the LG washing machine. Check for physical damage or wire damage. If there are any, you will have to either localize the damaged area or change the cord and plug.
- If your washer is connected via an adapter, you need to check the adapter for faults.
- Check the mains voltage. Your machine might not be receiving the right amount of voltage.
- You might need to check for wiring damage between the interference filter and the electronic controller. Check these parts and replace the damaged wires.
Inspect the control unit model
A faulty control unit mode would have to be replaced. You will have to install a new module which could require a ton of dedication. To do this, follow the steps below
- Disconnect the washer from the power.
- Unscrew the bolts of the upper rear panel.
- Take out the panel, and loosen the water supply hoses from the clamps.
- Unscrew the partition and clean it along with the hoses.
- Take out the pressure switch and the hose.
- Remove the clamps holding the control unit.
- Take out the screws and put out the module.
- Removed the clips and lift the lid.
- For reference, you should take a picture of the joint’s position so you can easily connect them correctly later.
- Fasten the joints on the new unit.
- Fasten the cover and install it in reverse order.
Inspect the heating element
Heating element fault is not usually a common cause of PF failure but if other fixes don’t work, then you might want to consider checking the heating element for faults. To fix the heating element;
- Take out the back panel of the washing machine. You should find the heater located on the bottom left side.
- Remove the heater and temperature sensor connections.
- Unscrew the nut on the central screw and remove the ground terminal.
- Press the bolt to push inside the heater. If the heater is faulty, it would have to be replaced.
- Replace the heating element and fix up the machine in reverse order.
When Do You Call a Repairer?
Fixing the PF error code on your LG washer might require some technical experience. You might want to consider reaching out to a technician if you find the fixes too tasking. However, if you’re able to perform all the fixes and it doesn’t fix the problem, you might want to consider reaching out to a technician.
The LG washer PF code usually happens after a power outage and can be fixed by resetting the washer or troubleshooting the washer.
However, if the power outage damages any critical component of the washer you would need to get a technician to check it and fix it. If you’re good with home appliances, you should be able to fix this problem on your own. However, you should not rule out calling a technician if the fixes fail.